Nigeria’s Supreme Court has set a new date for the hearing of the application filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and sacked Imo State Governor, Emeka Ihedioha.
The Supreme Court says the new date is now March 2, 2020.
Ihedioha and his party are asking the court to reverse the judgment which declared Hope Uzodinma of the All Progressives Congress, APC, winner of the 2019 governorship election.
Ihedioha was sacked by the apex court on 14 January and victory awarded to Uzodinma.
At the mention of the case on Tuesday, Ihedioha’s lead lawyer, Kanu Agabi sought for time to enable parties file the necessary papers, a request other lawyers in the case did not object to.
Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Ibrahim Muhammad, who led other six judges, in a brief ruling, granted the request for adjournment and adjourned till March 2, 2020.
[BREAKING] COVID-19: Nigeria records another eight new cases, toll now 97
The number of Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Nigeria hit 97 on Saturday evening with eight fresh cases, says the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.
“As at 10:40 pm 28th March there are 97 confirmed cases of #COVID19 reported in Nigeria with 1 death,” it stated.
COVID-19: Please, pray for my husband, El-Rufai’s wife begs Nigerians
Hadiza Isma, the wife of the Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has appealed to Nigerians to offer prayers for the quick recovery of her husband who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).
She made the appeal a few minutes after her husband disclosed that he tested positive for the virus on Twitter.
THE WITNESS reports that El-Rufai had on Saturday announced that he had been infected with the virus but had no symptoms.
“Dear Tweeps, my husband, the Governor of Kaduna State has tested positive for COVID-19. Please keep us in your prayers,” she tweeted.
BREAKING: El-Rufai tests positive for coronavirus
The governor, in a live broadcast said he submitted a sample for the COVID-19 test and the result came in positive.
He stated he has been in isolation according to doctors’ order.
He said: “Earlier this week, I submited a sample for the COVID-19 test and the result came in this evening and I regret to say that it is positive.
“According to the protocols for managing COVID-19, I am in self-isolation as required by the case management guidelines of the NCDC for a someone that is no showing symptoms.
“I wish to appeal to the people of Kaduna State to continue to closely observe the preventive measures already announced.
“It is most important that everybody should do their utmost to stay safe, stay home and stay alive.
“The Deputy Governor is chairing our COVID Taskforce and will continue to issue statements from time to time,” he said
OPINION20 hours ago
Re: Isa Pantami and ministerial arrogance, By Adewunmi Olaoluwatomi
THE NATION2 days ago
COVID-19: Edo announces total lockdown Friday
THE NATION3 days ago
COVID-19: Nigerian govt raises alarm, says 4,370 returnees hiding
OPINION23 hours ago
Isa Pantami: The gang-up against saviour of Nigeria’s digital economy, By Hashim Suleiman
THE NATION3 days ago
COVID-19: NITDA inaugurates committee to contain spread
BUSINESS2 days ago
Fidelity Bank staff tests positive for COVID-19
THE NATION21 hours ago
COVID-19: No curfew in Lagos yet – Information commissioner
THE NEWS2 days ago
BREAKING: Nigeria confirms 14 new cases of COVID-19