Also, they agreed to shut down with the move expected to begin on March 23rd, 2020.
The Chairman of the Forum, Aminu Masari, the Governor of Kastina State, disclosed this on Wednesday and said the decision followed a meeting of the governors in Kaduna State.
According to Masari, the forum in collaboration with security agencies have agreed to review the security strategy towards tackling the security challenges ravaging the zone.
Another decision reached by the governors during the meeting includes adopting a joint security operation of all the seven northwest states and Niger state.
While speaking on the suspected coronavirus case in Katsina state, Masari revealed that the supposed patient has quarantined himself pending the outcome of the laboratory test.
The Permanent Secretary in the Kastina State Ministry of Health, Dr Kabir Musptapha, disclosed the suspected case at a press briefing on Wednesday.
COVID-19: UK returnees in Delta flouting self-isolation precautions, doctor cries out
By Iteveh Ekpokpobe
(COVID-19 Updates) – Delta State Epidemiologist, Dr. Richard Ikwuogu has raised alarm over three of Okpanam indigenes who recently returned from the United Kingdom, for flaunting the 14 days mandatory self isolation precautions against the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
The alarm was contained in a message circulating on WhatsApp which read, “I am Dr. R.O.C Ikwuogu, Delta State Epidemiologist. I had a bitter experience todaý at Okpanam. The Epidemiology unit received report of Emeka Ijeh a returnee from London on 23/3/2020 who refused to isolate.”
“My SDSNO placed a call to him but the man was full of abuses on the SDSNO. We went we the intent of discussing why he should self isolate but because of the phone call experience, we went to the Ogoani of Okpanam who asked the Chairman if vigilante group in Okpanam to lead us to the place.”
“On getting to his house opposite the Omu of Okpanam. He was informed that some persons are looking for him. He came down and while we tried to exchange pleasantries, he started abusing us that we are infringing on his privacy.”
“When I tried to explain, he said that I would have the disease someday and ordered us out of his compound saying he is a WHO staff. We left quietly but I never knew that he was following us.”
“I will send to you what happened thereafter. The HCH could not come to our aid and the Police did nothing because no authority spoke on the matter.”
Confirming the report, Dr. Richard Ikwuogu, via a telephone chat with our correspondent, disclosed that their investigation was based on rumours which were however confirmed.
He disclosed that the first reported case was currently adhering to the regulations while the other two were willing to and had.
According to him, there was no suspected nor confirmed case of Corona Virus infection, so far, in Delta State.
Ikwuogu explained that a person must show symptoms of the virus before he or she is declared a suspect.
He urged Deltans to remain steadfast with the precautionary measures spelt out by the state government.
[BREAKING] COVID-19: Edo speaker tests positive
He said the state is taking measures to tackle further spread of the virus in the state.
The Chief Medical Director of Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital, Prof. Sylvania Okogbenin, had on Monday announced that Edo recorded its first case.
Shaibu said Governor Godwin Obaseki had also gone into isolation following his contact with the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari, and Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, in Abuja.
Shaibu said Okiye, who travelled to the United Kingdom, went into self-isolation immediately after his return at the Irrua Specialist Hospital, Irrua, Esan Central Local Government Area of Edo State.
He noted that the two persons the speaker got in close contact with were his wife and daughter, whose samples have been taken and the results came out negative.
“He sent his sample for testing and the test came back positive. He is in a stable condition and his family members have been tested and the tests came back negative,” the Edo deputy governor stated.
Labour minister, Festus Keyamo flags-off special public works programme in Edo
The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Mr. Festus Keyamo SAN, FCIArb (UK) on Tuesday, February 25th flagged off the Edo State segment of the federal government’s Special Public Works programme aimed at providing transient jobs for more than 40,000 unemployed youths in every State including women across the nation.
The President Mohammadu Buhari-led administration recently devised the Special Public Works-SPW project as a relief for the unemployed in every State of the federation.
The Special Public Works is one of the projects coordinated by the National Directorate of Employment-NDE, an agency under the supervision of the honourable Minister of State, Festus Keyamo SAN.
In its first phase, the agency is expected to cover 8 States of the federation drawn from all the geopolitical zones before taking off for the next phase of the project.
Edo State governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki was a host of honour at the commissioning of the SPW pilot flagged off by the Honourable Minister, Festus Keyamo SAN and the Director General of NDE, Dr. Nasir Ladan Argungu and other dignitaries.
The SPW project, a presidency’s pilot special public works initiative will empower 40,000 citizens drawn from 5 local government of each states by providing transient jobs for women and youths.
The beneficiaries will be engaged for a period of 90 days to perform various public works in their communities. Also, micro loans were given to over 1000 business women to enhance their productivity.
See photos below:
OPINION16 hours ago
Re: Isa Pantami and ministerial arrogance, By Adewunmi Olaoluwatomi
THE NATION2 days ago
COVID-19: Edo announces total lockdown Friday
THE NATION3 days ago
COVID-19: Nigerian govt raises alarm, says 4,370 returnees hiding
OPINION19 hours ago
Isa Pantami: The gang-up against saviour of Nigeria’s digital economy, By Hashim Suleiman
THE NATION3 days ago
COVID-19: NITDA inaugurates committee to contain spread
BUSINESS2 days ago
Fidelity Bank staff tests positive for COVID-19
THE NATION18 hours ago
COVID-19: No curfew in Lagos yet – Information commissioner
THE NEWS2 days ago
BREAKING: Nigeria confirms 14 new cases of COVID-19