Connect with us

THE NEWS

Atiku donates N50m to fight Coronavirus in Nigeria

Published

on

Atiku donates N50m to fight Coronavirus in Nigeria

Nigeria’s former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has donated N50 million to curtail the spread of coronavirus in the nation.

The former Nigeria’s vice president made the announcement in a statement he issued on Wednesday.

Atiku, whose son is also infected with the deadly virus, donated the money through his company, Priam Group on Wednesday.

According to him, the donation is being made on his behalf by Priam Group to form part of the stimulus package the federal government should create for Nigerians.

The former vice president commended all individuals and corporate organisations who had contributed to Nigeria’s relief fund in one way or the other

Mr Abubakar called on more corporations and individuals with capacity, to assist the public in these trying times.

“To this end, Priam Group pledges N50 million on my behalf as my humble contribution to a relief Fund that will form part of the stimulus package.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

THE NEWS

[BREAKING] COVID-19: Nigeria records another eight new cases, toll now 97

Published

on

[BREAKING] COVID-19: Nigeria records another eight new cases, toll now 97

The number of Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Nigeria hit 97 on Saturday evening with eight fresh cases, says the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.

“As at 10:40 pm 28th March there are 97 confirmed cases of #COVID19 reported in Nigeria with 1 death,” it stated.

Continue Reading

THE NEWS

COVID-19: Please, pray for my husband, El-Rufai’s wife begs Nigerians

Published

on

COVID-19: Please, pray for my husband, El-Rufai’s wife begs Nigerians

Hadiza Isma, the wife of the Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has appealed to Nigerians to offer prayers for the quick recovery of her husband who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).

She made the appeal a few minutes after her husband disclosed that he tested positive for the virus on Twitter.

THE WITNESS reports that El-Rufai had on Saturday announced that he had been infected with the virus but had no symptoms.

“Dear Tweeps, my husband, the Governor of Kaduna State has tested positive for COVID-19. Please keep us in your prayers,” she tweeted.

Continue Reading

THE NEWS

BREAKING: El-Rufai tests positive for coronavirus

Published

on

2023 Presidency: Why power should go to the south - El-rufai

Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).

The governor, in a live broadcast said he submitted a sample for the COVID-19 test and the result came in positive.

He stated he has been in isolation according to doctors’ order.

He said: “Earlier this week, I submited a sample for the COVID-19 test and the result came in this evening and I regret to say that it is positive.

“According to the protocols for managing COVID-19, I am in self-isolation as required by the case management guidelines of the NCDC for a someone that is no showing symptoms.

“I wish to appeal to the people of Kaduna State to continue to closely observe the preventive measures already announced.

“It is most important that everybody should do their utmost to stay safe, stay home and stay alive.

“The Deputy Governor is chairing our COVID Taskforce and will continue to issue statements from time to time,” he said

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending